You Took a Risk and the Risk Took You - Text of this Free Funeral Poem about an Accidental Death
The complete poem “You Took a Risk and the Risk Took You” is listed in the text below.
North Pole Patrol:
A Christmas Adventure
Free eBook download through September 21st
(A $16.50 book for free!)
Your review of the book on Amazon is requested and sincerely appreciated!
Select: ‘Buy Now with 1-Click’ at a cost of $0.00 (Free)
This is a poem appropriate for deaths due to:
- motorcycle accidents
- extreme sports that result in traumatic brain injuries
- cliff diving
- mountain climbing/hiking and rappelling
- drug overdoses
- alcohol poisoning
- teenage pranking, 'hot-dogging' or dares
- white-water rafting
- deep-sea diving
and/or any other activity that creates a higher level of potential harm or bodily injury.
Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions for this poem and other poems listed on this website:
This poem is a copyrighted work that may be USED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. The poem may be printed in a funeral program, may be printed and framed for personal use, may be read during a private funeral service, may be posted as part of an online memorial tribute,
and/ or may be printed in an obituary or memorial tribute, so long as the
following conditions have been met:
1. The full copyright notice and the reference to www.poemsandreflections.com are listed at the bottom of the poem.
2. If the poem is placed upon an
online/ Internet/ World Wide Web memorial, a hyperlink that links back to
www.poemsandreflections.com should be included. Here is the preferred hyperlink code, although a basic hyperlink that lists the www.poemsandreflections.com website name is also acceptable:
< !DOCTYPE html>
< a href="http://www.poemsandreflections.com/funeral-poems.html"> Poems and
Reflections.com: funeral poems </a>
3. Because this poem is ONLY
made available FOR PERSONAL USE, it cannot be placed online, or distributed vocally, in print, or digitally, in a format where the person/ entity posting
the poem stands to receive financial gain from ad revenues, web traffic increases, or other sources of income and/ or other considerations affiliated with the usage of this poem.
4. Minor alterations to the poem to personalize the poem (such as changing words from “I” to “we”, etc.) ARE PERMITTED.
5. This poem may only be posted upon online/digital memorials and messages placed upon family-friendly web pages and/ or upon family-friendly websites.
6. The user agrees to immediately remove (meaning within 24 hours) this poem from any website or digital page/ digital message where it is posted if they receive electronic or written notice from the affiliated author(s) and/ or Poems And Reflections LLC that the poem(s) is/ are not being posted in conjunction with the Poems And Reflections Usage Terms and Conditions. The user/ entity waive(s) any and all legal rights to dispute the removal of this poem or any other poems/ quotes/ sayings listed as copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC, or by an affiliated author. The user/ entity additionally agrees to pay damages for any delayed removal of this poem. The user/ entity further waive(s) the right to repost or redistribute this poem, or any other poems written by the affiliated author(s) listed upon this website and/ or copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC. The user/ entity also agrees that if any portion of the Poems And Reflection LLC Usage Terms and Conditions are deemed legally invalid, that the remaining Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions shall be held as fully valid, legal, and enforceable. The author(s), Poems And Reflections LLC, the user and/ or using entity further all agree to be exclusively bound by the legal actions, terms, rulings and conditions filed and ordered within the Utah State Court system, in the county of Salt Lake located in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
7. No more than one poem from the Poems And Reflections LLC website can be placed upon any online memorial webpage or digital message/ digital page.
8. Poems And Reflections LLC reserves the right to change the Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly during the time that you have a poem posted online/ digitally, or in a recurring vocal or print format to make certain that the Poems And Reflections LLC Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions have not changed. *Note: The date of this most current version of the Poems And Reflections LLC Terms and Conditions is: November 6, 2014.
9. Posting the poem “You Took a Risk and the Risk Took You”, or any other poem from this poemsandreflections.com website, indicates that the person or entity posting/ using/ sharing the poem has read and has agreed to abide by all of the Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions listed above.
Questions? Concerns? Requests for
other uses/ licensing? Contact us at: email@example.com
Funeral Homes, Clergy, Funeral Celebrants, and Non-Profit Organizations MAY refer people to this website to find poems for funerals or memorials; however, they MAY NOT download these poems and present them to people who have not accessed this website.
Please consider liking or following Poems and Reflections on social media. Your support helps others to know about this website where they can also find funeral poetry and memorial tribute options for their loved ones. Thank you!
May this poem, and many other poems on this website, bring you comfort and help you to honor those who have meant so much to you! Please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss.
Want to see all the Funeral Poems And Reflections - Volume I poems in an easy to read format? They can be downloaded through the ebook Funeral Poems And Reflections - Vol I
This book can also be obtained in paperback form through Amazon.com
And through Barnes and Noble.com
Or at quality local bookstores.
You Took A Risk And The Risk Took You
You took a risk and the risk took you
And it breaks our hearts to know
That you’ve been taken away from us
That you won’t be coming home
For in the daring, perhaps some say “foolish”, act
There was a risk, a chance it would be
The final act to your wonderful life
Though it’s still hard to believe
For of the many who’ll risk…then survive
There are always a few who’ll pay
The ultimate price we understand it might cost
If the odds don’t go their way
So your passing will be remembered
With poignant sadness, understanding the cost
That a risk extracted from you and from us
Of dreams denied, of regret, and of loss
But even the sadness can’t replace the joy
That you brought into our souls
For you filled our lives with laughter and smiles
Cherished remembrances we’ll forever hold
Until the day when we’ll see you again
When you’ll wipe the tears from our faces
In a place of beauty, where sadness cannot go
Surrounded by God’s mercies and His graces
'Til then we’ll find comfort through your memory
Feeling grateful for every second you were here
And loving you with a devotion only reserved
For those we hold most precious and dear
Poem Copyright ã 2012-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Click here for more funeral poems and other poems from www.poemsandreflections.com
Click to set custom HTML
Website Copyright ã 2010-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Every donation (even a few dollars) is