Takin' the Train to Heaven- Funeral Poem
Takin' the Train to Heaven- Full Text of the Memorial Poem:
North Pole Patrol:
A Christmas Adventure
Free eBook download through September 21st
(A $16.50 book for free!)
Your review of the book on Amazon is requested and sincerely appreciated!
Select: ‘Buy Now with 1-Click’ at a cost of $0.00 (Free)
Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions for this poem and other poems listed on this website:
This poem is a copyrighted work that may be USED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. The poem may be printed in a funeral program, may be printed and framed for personal use, may be read during a private funeral service, may be posted as part of an online memorial tribute,
and/ or may be printed in an obituary or memorial tribute, so long as the
following conditions have been met:
1. The full copyright notice and the reference to www.poemsandreflections.comare listed at the bottom of the poem.
2. If the poem is placed upon an
online/ Internet/ World Wide Web memorial, a hyperlink that links back to
www.poemsandreflections.com should be included. Here is the preferred hyperlink code, although a basic hyperlink that lists the www.poemsandreflections.com website name is also acceptable:
< !DOCTYPE html>
< a href="http://www.poemsandreflections.com/funeral-poems.html"> Poems and
Reflections.com: funeral poems </a>
3. Because this poem is ONLY
made available FOR PERSONAL USE, it cannot be placed online, or distributed vocally, in print, or digitally, in a format where the person/ entity posting
the poem stands to receive financial gain from ad revenues, web traffic increases, or other sources of income and/ or other considerations affiliated with the usage of this poem.
4. Minor alterations to the poem to personalize the poem (such as changing words from “I” to “we”, etc.) ARE PERMITTED.
5. This poem may only be posted upon online/digital memorials and messages placed upon family-friendly web pages and/ or upon family-friendly websites.
6. The user agrees to immediately remove (meaningwithin 24 hours) this poem from any website or digital page/ digital message where it is posted if they receive electronic or written notice from the affiliated author(s) and/ or Poems And Reflections LLC that the poem(s) is/ are not being posted in conjunction with the Poems And Reflections Usage Terms and Conditions. The user/ entity waive(s) any and all legal rights to dispute the removal of this poem or any other poems/ quotes/ sayings listed as copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC, or by an affiliated author. The user/ entity additionally agrees to pay damages for any delayed removal of this poem. The user/ entity further waive(s) the right to repost or redistribute this poem, or any other poems written by the affiliated author(s) listed upon this website and/ or copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC. The user/ entity also agrees that if any portion of the Poems And Reflection LLC Usage Terms and Conditions are deemed legally invalid, that the remaining Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions shall be held as fully valid, legal, and enforceable. The author(s), Poems And Reflections LLC, the user and/ or using entity further all agree to be exclusively bound by the legal actions, terms, rulings and conditions filed and ordered within the Utah State Court system, in the county of Salt Lake located in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
7. No more than one poem from the Poems And Reflections LLC website can be placed upon any online memorial webpage or digital message/ digital page.
8. Poems And Reflections LLC reserves the right to change the Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly during the time that you have a poem posted online/ digitally, or in a recurring vocal or print format to make certain that the Poems And Reflections LLC Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions have not changed. *Note: The date of this most current version of the Poems And Reflections LLC Terms and Conditions is: November 6, 2014.
9. Posting the poem “Takin' the Train to Heaven”, or any other poem from this poemsandreflections.com website, indicates that the person or entity posting/ using/ sharing the poem has read and has agreed to abide by all of the Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions listed above.
Questions? Concerns? Requests for
other uses/ licensing? Contact us at: email@example.com
Funeral Homes, Clergy, and Non-Profit Organizations MAY refer people to this website to find poems for funerals or memorials; however, they MAY NOT download these poems and present them to people who have not accessed this website.
Please consider liking or following Poems and Reflections on social media. Your support helps others to know about this website where they can also find funeral poetry and memorial tribute options for their loved ones. Thank you!
May this poem, and many other poems on this website, bring you comfort and help you to honor those who have meant so much to you! Please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss.
Additional grief poems can be downloaded through the ebook Funeral Poems And Reflections - Vol I
This book can also be purchased in paperback form through Amazon.com
And through Barnes and Noble.com
Or at quality local bookstores.
Takin’ The Train To Heaven
Heaven’s train has come ’a callin’
The conductor tells me “time to go”
I hadn’t seen it comin’
I wish that I’d ‘a known
Soft smoke is billowin’, billowin’ up
The train whistles a fluted sound
And up eternity’s track we go
Leavin’ this earthly ground
I’d like to have known my passage was booked
The fare paid…my departure planned
‘Cause I was just as surprised as you Alt. verse: For I was still battling courageously
When from life-to-death I spanned
So here I stand on the departure docks
And into eternity I’ll go
But I’ll leave part of my heart with you
So you will always know…
THAT I LOVE YOU
I’ve found my seat now on the train
It’s feelin’ more like home
As for baggage…we all have none
C’ept for love n’ memories we’ve known
My ticket’s punched and handed back
After searchin’ my heart and face
I find it reads: “FIRST CLASS TO HEAVEN”
“THROUGH CHRIST’S ATONING GRACE”
And suddenly I’m feelin’ so much calm
‘Bout where I’ve been and where I’m goin’
And I can trust you all to God’s sweet grace
For his mercies you’ll be knowin’
I can see you all so clearly
As the train chugs n’ we depart
You’re all remainin’ so close to me
Where does Life end n’ Heaven start?
I still can reach out n’ touch you
So I’ll be sendin’ my love each day
Your sorrow’s gonna ease with time
Yet my deep love’ll always stay
The train begins to slow down now…
We’re arrivin’ at eternity
As heav’nly mansions come into view…
Glorious as they can be!
So don’t be filled with sadness…
For I’m here in peaceful abode
The train simply brought me back to my God
And the joys of my heav'nly home
Poem Copyright ã 2012-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Click here for more funeral poems and other poems
Website Copyright ã 2010-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
If this poem has helped you, please consider 'liking' Poems and Reflections LLC on Facebook? Your support for this website is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Every donation (even a few dollars) is