Take Care of Yourself - Funeral Poem and Grief Poem
of Comfort and Hope for Those Left Behind
Take Care of Yourself - A Grief Poem and a Message of Love from the Person Who Died to their Family and Friends Left Behind
North Pole Patrol:
A Christmas Adventure
Free eBook download through September 21st
(A $16.50 book for free!)
Your review of the book on Amazon is requested and sincerely appreciated!
Select: ‘Buy Now with 1-Click’ at a cost of $0.00 (Free)
Full Text of this Grief and Mourning Poem:
Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions for this poem and other funeral/ memorial poems listed on this website:
This poem is a copyrighted work that may be USED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. The poem may be printed in a funeral program, may be printed and framed for personal use, may be read during a private funeral service, may be posted as part of an online memorial tribute,
and/ or may be printed in an obituary or memorial tribute, so long as the
following conditions have been met:
1. The full copyright notice: Copyright ã 2012-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC. All Rights Reserved.
and the reference to www.poemsandreflections.com are listed at the bottom of the poem.
2. If the poem is placed upon an
online/ Internet/ World Wide Web memorial, a hyperlink that links back to
www.poemsandreflections.com should be included. Here is the preferred hyperlink code, although a basic hyperlink that lists the www.poemsandreflections.com website name is also acceptable:
< !DOCTYPE html>
< a href="http://www.poemsandreflections.com/funeral-poems.html"> Poems and
Reflections.com: funeral poems </a>
3. Because this poem is ONLY
made available FOR PERSONAL USE, it cannot be placed online, or distributed vocally, in print, or digitally, in a format where the person/ entity posting
the poem stands to receive financial gain from ad revenues, web traffic increases, or other sources of income and/ or other considerations affiliated with the usage of this poem.
4. Minor alterations to the poem to personalize the poem (such as changing words from “I” to “we”, etc.) ARE PERMITTED.
5. This poem may only be posted upon online/digital memorials and messages placed upon family-friendly web pages and/ or upon family-friendly websites.
6. The user agrees to immediately remove (meaning within 24 hours) this poem from any website or digital page/ digital message where it is posted if they receive electronic or written notice from the affiliated author(s) and/ or Poems And Reflections LLC that the poem(s) is/ are not being posted in conjunction with the Poems And Reflections Usage Terms and Conditions. The user/ entity waive(s) any and all legal rights to dispute the removal of this poem or any other poems/ quotes/ sayings listed as copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC, or by an affiliated author. The user/ entity additionally agrees to pay damages for any delayed removal of this poem. The user/ entity further waive(s) the right to repost or redistribute this poem, or any other poems written by the affiliated author(s) listed upon this website and/ or copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC. The user/ entity also agrees that if any portion of the Poems And Reflection LLC Usage Terms and Conditions are deemed legally invalid, that the remaining Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions shall be held as fully valid, legal, and enforceable. The author(s), Poems And Reflections LLC, the user and/ or using entity further all agree to be exclusively bound by the legal actions, terms, rulings and conditions filed and ordered within the Utah State Court system, in the county of Salt Lake located in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
7. No more than one poem from the Poems And Reflections LLC website can be placed upon any online memorial webpage or digital message/ digital page.
8. Poems And Reflections LLC reserves the right to change the Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly during the time that you have a poem posted online/ digitally, or in a recurring vocal or print format to make certain that the Poems And Reflections LLC Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions have not changed. *Note: The date of this most current version of the Poems And Reflections LLC Terms and Conditions is: November 6, 2014.
9. Posting the poem “Take Care of Yourself" or any other poem from this poemsandreflections.com website, indicates that the person or entity posting/ using/ sharing the poem has read and has agreed to abide by all of the Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions listed above.
Questions? Concerns? Requests for
other uses or licensing? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Funeral Homes, Clergy, Funeral Celebrants, and Non-Profit Organizations MAY refer people to this website to find poems for funerals or memorials; however, they MAY NOT download these poems and present them to people who have not accessed this website.
Please consider 'liking' or 'following' Poems and Reflections on social media. Your support helps others to know about this website where they can also find funeral poetry and memorial tribute options for their loved ones. Thank you!
May this poem, and many other poems on this website, bring you comfort and help you to honor those who have meant so much to you! Please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss.
Additional grief poems can be downloaded through the ebook Funeral Poems And Reflections - Vol I
This book can also be purchased in paperback form through Amazon.com
And through Barnes and Noble.com
Or at quality local bookstores.
Take Care Of Yourself
I love you and want you to take care of yourself
For I’m watching over you every day
And it breaks my heart to see you struggling
Now that I have gone away
I wish that I could reach out and touch you
Erase the boundaries between earth and heaven
Fill you with peace and sweet assurance
Until the heartache you’re feeling is lessened
Give you the hope to keep on going
For it breaks my heart to see you cry
Aware of the grief that you still carry
Even as time goes by…
Yet I’m wishing only peace and healing for you
So I’m asking you to be stronger this grief
I want you to always take care of yourself
And if you can’t do it on your own…please do it for me
Find the truest way to honor my life
With a sense of purpose in your heart
Let happy memories mean more than sad ones
Through courage, give hope a fresh start
And if you’re not sure that you can do this
Or if you don’t even want to try
Remember that I’m the one who’s asking
For you to be brave and to go on living life
So arise each morning and welcome the day
Reflect on the happy moments that we knew
Remind yourself that there’ll be more happy times
When God reunites me with you
Make sure that you are eating well
Feed your body with healthy foods
That will nourish your soul and comfort your mind
And cook some of my favorites too
Be sure to be patient and kind with yourself
And with others, please also do the same
Don’t worry that you won’t make it through this grief
Or that life will never be the same
And if some days are harder than others
When you’re not sure that you’ll ever find relief
Find the courage to keep on trying
Remind yourself that you’re doing this for me
Please make the time to be active
Give your body a physical release
A source of strength to endure the journey
That leads away from this heartache towards peace
Share your thoughts with trusted friends
And never choose to hide
The emotions that need expressing
Which are filling your heart and your mind
Sleep enough and laugh enough
Choose to help another in need
Wear more smiles than you do frowns
If you truly want to honor me
Know that I love you with all my heart
Know that this isn’t the end
For someday we’ll be together again
On that you can depend
Until then may I look down with gladness
May my spirit have a calming sense of peace
Knowing that you’re taking care of yourself
In expression of the love you feel for me
Poem Copyright ã 2012-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Click here for more funeral poems and other poems
If this poem has helped you, please consider 'liking' Poems and Reflections LLC' on Facebook? Your support for this website is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Website Copyright ã 2010-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Every donation is sincerely appreciated.