"A Tribute to My Mother" -
In Loving Memory Funeral/Memorial Poem and
Obituary Verse Reading for a Beloved Mother
A Tribute to My Mother
Funeral Poem and Memorial Reading Description:
North Pole Patrol: A Christmas Adventure
Free eBook download through September 21st
(A $16.50 book for free!)
Your review of the book on Amazon is requested and sincerely appreciated!
Select: ‘Buy Now with 1-Click’ at a cost of $0.00 (Free)
The complete poem “A Tribute to My Mother” is listed in the text below.
Purchase all of the Funeral Poems And Reflections - Vol I poems in an electronic download for just $3.99.
Thank you for supporting this effort to write words of love, honor, and admiration for our loved ones who have passed away.
Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions for this poem and other poems listed on this website:
This poem is a copyrighted work that may be USED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. The poem may be printed in a funeral program, may be printed and framed for personal use, may be read during a private funeral service, may be posted as part of an online memorial tribute,
and/ or may be printed in an obituary or memorial tribute, so long as the
following conditions have been met:
1. The full copyright notice and the reference to www.poemsandreflections.com are listed at the bottom of the poem.
2. If the poem is placed upon an
online/ Internet/ World Wide Web memorial, a hyperlink that links back to
www.poemsandreflections.com should be included. Here is the preferred hyperlink code, although a basic hyperlink that lists the www.poemsandreflections.com website name is also acceptable:
< !DOCTYPE html>
< a href="http://www.poemsandreflections.com/funeral-poems.html"> Poems and
Reflections.com: funeral poems </a>
3. Because this poem is ONLY
made available FOR PERSONAL USE, it cannot be placed online, or distributed vocally, in print, or digitally, in a format where the person/ entity posting
the poem stands to receive financial gain from ad revenues, web traffic increases, or other sources of income and/ or other considerations affiliated with the usage of this poem.
4. Minor alterations to the poem to personalize the poem (such as changing words from “I” to “we”, etc.) ARE PERMITTED.
5. This poem may only be posted upon online/digital memorials and messages placed upon family-friendly web pages and/ or upon family-friendly websites.
6. The user agrees to immediately remove (meaning within 24 hours) this poem from any website or digital page/ digital message where it is posted if they receive electronic or written notice from the affiliated author(s) and/ or Poems And Reflections LLC that the poem(s) is/ are not being posted in conjunction with the Poems And Reflections Usage Terms and Conditions. The user/ entity waive(s) any and all legal rights to dispute the removal of this poem or any other poems/ quotes/ sayings listed as copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC, or by an affiliated author. The user/ entity additionally agrees to pay damages for any delayed removal of this poem. The user/ entity further waive(s) the right to repost or redistribute this poem, or any other poems written by the affiliated author(s) listed upon this website and/ or copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC. The user/ entity also agrees that if any portion of the Poems And Reflection LLC Usage Terms and Conditions are deemed legally invalid, that the remaining Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions shall be held as fully valid, legal, and enforceable. The author(s), Poems And Reflections LLC, the user and/ or using entity further all agree to be exclusively bound by the legal actions, terms, rulings and conditions filed and ordered within the Utah State Court system, in the county of Salt Lake located in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
7. No more than one poem from the Poems And Reflections LLC website can be placed upon any online memorial webpage or digital message/ digital page.
8. Poems And Reflections LLC reserves the right to change the Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly during the time that you have a poem posted online/ digitally, or in a recurring vocal or print format to make certain that the Poems And Reflections LLC Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions have not changed. *Note: The date of this most current version of the Poems And Reflections LLC Terms and Conditions is: December 14, 2014.
9. Posting the poem “A Tribute to My Mother”, or any other poem from this poemsandreflections.com website, indicates that the person or entity posting/ using/ sharing the poem has read and has agreed to abide by all of the Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions listed above.
Questions? Concerns? Requests for
other uses/ poem licensing? Contact us at: email@example.com
Funeral Homes, Clergy, Funeral Celebrants, and Non-Profit Organizations MAY refer people to this website to find poems for funerals or memorials; however, they MAY NOT download these poems and present them to people who have not accessed this website.
Please consider liking or following Poems and Reflections on social media. Your support helps others to know about this website where they can also find funeral poetry and memorial tribute options for their loved ones. Thank you!
May this poem, and many other poems on this website, bring you comfort and help you to honor those who have meant so much to you! Please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss.
Want to have all the Funeral Poems And Reflections - Volume I poems in an easy to read format? They can
be downloaded through the ebook Funeral Poems And Reflections - Vol I
This book can also be obtained in paperback form through Amazon.com
And through Barnes and Noble.com
Or at quality local bookstores.
A Tribute To My Mother
She was my shining example
Of strength and compassion
And of honor and love
I was grateful to call her “Mom”
She blessed my life profoundly
For she wasn’t only my Mother
She was my dear friend
My Mother had great strength
And she was wise…
I always knew I could draw from her strength
Whenever I needed it
It gave me courage to grow up and take chances
To experience life’s successes…
And a few of its failures
Mother’s compassion for others was so deep!
She looked for the need and she filled it
She treated others with kindness and respect
And many lives were touched through her goodness
Mother was an honorable woman
This wasn’t just a mere aspect of her personality
It was the very foundation of her character
It’s impossible for me to think of Mom
Without such words as honor, dignity and respect
Quickly coming to mind
But most of all…Mother was love
I am convinced that the world
Will never be as bright and beautiful
As it was when my Mother was here
Mom’s love was unconditional
And the sweetest and most enduring part of her love is
That it will always be with me
It was my Mother’s most important…and final gift to me
To my dear Mother: I have a few pledges to make to you
First- I’ll try to make you proud every day
Second- Even though I’ll miss you terribly
I promise to bravely face the coming days
Determined to be happy
And not to dwell in sadness too long
Without recalling the wonderful memories
That you’ve filled my life with
Most of all…
I promise to try to pattern my life more after yours
For there could be no more fitting tribute
To ever reach my ears
Than to be told by others
That I remind them of you
Alt. Verse: Than to be referred to as 'My mother’s daughter'
Alt. Verse: Than to be referred to as 'My mother’s son'
Alt. Verse: Than to be told by others that I’m just like you
Poem Copyright 2012-2015 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
These poems are being placed online in their entirety so that people can determine if they will be a good fit to memorialize their loved one who has passed away. Payment for using this poem is based upon the honor system. If you are going to be using this poem, please pay for it. Your honesty and integrity is appreciated!