Missing You at Christmastime -
A Grief and Memorial and Poem of Loving Remembrance
for Christmas and the Holiday Season
The complete version of the poem “Missing You at Christmastime”
is listed in the text below.
North Pole Patrol:
A Christmas Adventure
Free eBook download through September 21st
(A $16.50 book for free!)
Your review of the book on Amazon is requested and sincerely appreciated!
Select: ‘Buy Now with 1-Click’ at a cost of $0.00 (Free)
Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions for this poem and other poems listed on this website:
This poem is a copyrighted work that may be USED FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. The poem may be printed in a funeral program, may be printed and framed for personal use, may be read during a private funeral service, may be posted as part of an online memorial tribute,
and/ or may be printed in an obituary or memorial tribute, so long as the
following conditions have been met:
1. The full copyright notice and the reference to www.poemsandreflections.com are listed at the bottom of the poem.
2. If the poem is placed upon an
online/ Internet/ World Wide Web memorial, a hyperlink that links back to
www.poemsandreflections.com should be included. Here is the preferred hyperlink code, although a basic hyperlink that lists the www.poemsandreflections.com website name is also acceptable:
< !DOCTYPE html>
< a href="http://www.poemsandreflections.com/funeral-poems.html"> Poems and
Reflections.com: free funeral poems </a>
3. Because this poem is ONLY
made available FOR PERSONAL USE, it cannot be placed online, or distributed vocally, in print, or digitally, in a format where the person/ entity posting
the poem stands to receive financial gain from ad revenues, web traffic increases, or other sources of income and/ or other considerations affiliated with the usage of this poem.
4. Minor alterations to the poem to personalize the poem (such as changing words from “I” to “we”, etc.) ARE PERMITTED.
5. This poem may only be posted upon online/digital memorials and messages placed upon family-friendly web pages and/ or upon family-friendly websites.
6. The user agrees to immediately remove (meaning within 24 hours) this poem from any website or digital page/ digital message where it is posted if they receive electronic or written notice from the affiliated author(s) and/ or Poems And Reflections LLC that the poem(s) is/ are not being posted in conjunction with the Poems And Reflections Usage Terms and Conditions. The user/ entity waive(s) any and all legal rights to dispute the removal of this poem or any other poems/ quotes/ sayings listed as copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC, or by an affiliated author. The user/ entity additionally agrees to pay damages for any delayed removal of this poem. The user/ entity further waive(s) the right to repost or redistribute this poem, or any other poems written by the affiliated author(s) listed upon this website and/ or copyrighted by Poems And Reflections LLC. The user/ entity also agrees that if any portion of the Poems And Reflection LLC Usage Terms and Conditions are deemed legally invalid, that the remaining Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions shall be held as fully valid, legal, and enforceable. The author(s), Poems And Reflections LLC, the user and/ or using entity further all agree to be exclusively bound by the legal actions, terms, rulings and conditions filed and ordered within the Utah State Court system, in the county of Salt Lake located in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
7. No more than one poem from the Poems And Reflections LLC website can be placed upon any online memorial webpage or digital message/ digital page.
8. Poems And Reflections LLC reserves the right to change the Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly during the time that you have a poem posted online/ digitally, or in a recurring vocal or print format to make certain that the Poems And Reflections LLC Purchase and Usage Terms and Conditions have not changed. *Note: The date of this most current version of the Poems And Reflections LLC Terms and Conditions is: December 12, 2014.
9. Posting the grief and mourning poem “Missing You at Christmastime” or any other poem from this poemsandreflections.com website, indicates that the person or entity posting/ using/ sharing the poem has read and has agreed to abide by all of the Poems And Reflections LLC Usage Terms and Conditions listed above.
Questions? Concerns? Requests for
other uses/ poem licensing? Contact us at: email@example.com
Funeral Homes, Clergy, Funeral Celebrants, Grief Counselors, and Non-Profit Organizations MAY refer people to this website to find poems for funerals or memorials; however, they MAY NOT download these poems and present them to people who have not accessed this website.
Please consider liking or following Poems and Reflections on social media. Your support helps others to know about this website where they can also find funeral poetry and memorial tribute options for their loved ones. Thank you!
May this poem, and many other poems on this website, bring you comfort and help you to honor those who have meant so much to you! Please accept our deepest sympathies for your loss.
Want to have all the Funeral Poems And Reflections - Volume I poems in an easy to read format? They can
be downloaded through the ebook Funeral Poems And Reflections - Vol I
This book can also be obtained in paperback form through Amazon.com
And through Barnes and Noble.com
Or at quality local bookstores.
Missing You at Christmastime
In Loving Memory Christmas Poem
We’re missing you at Christmastime...
When the world is filled with cheer
As families gather to celebrate
Cherished time with loved ones dear
We face each day with sadness
Considering how much our lives have changed
Trying to retain any whispers of you
Realizing that ‘Christmas’ will no longer be the same
We go through the motions…or at least we try
With hearts breaking that you won’t be near
And we find ourselves thinking of Christmases past
When this emptiness wasn’t here
When you were alive and well with us
And in festivities, took active part
Sharing the arrival of Christmas morn
Enjoying gifts planned from the heart
When your laughter rang out like silver bells
That pierced the starry, winter sky
When you warmed our souls with your goodness and love
When you were precious-close, nearby
But now you have gone to that better place
That we have not yet known
And have left such a hole, it can’t be replaced
In our hearts, our family, our home
Yet Christmas is more than presents
More than lights and the beauties we see
Christmas is a sacred promise
That Christ came to make us free
Came to pay for sins and sorrows
Born to free us from death and pain
Our future reunion now certain
Someday he’ll rejoin us in heaven again
So until that glorious day…
Sing that you’re safe in the carols
That sweetly fill the air
May these melodies carry your love to us
Lift our hearts from this burdened care
Shine bright in all the Christmas lights
Filling houses, nativities, and streets
And may this light shine upon our souls
Inspire us with comforting peace
May the snow that falls from heaven
Cover earth in soft blankets of white
Reminding us that death is nothing but sleep
Before God gives us eternal life
And if we feel lonely, may we honor you
By reaching out to others in need
Sharing the very best part of you
Through kind words and giving loving deeds
Most of all, come to us in the spirit of Christmas
Help us feel this season’s sweet embrace
May it enter our hearts and give us strength
As we treasure your mem’ry, while trusting God’s grace
And every year at Christmastime
May you be closer and clearer to see
In the beauties of this special season
Through the blessings that each Christmas brings
Poem Copyright ã 2012-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC.
All Rights Reserved.
Click here for more funeral poems and other poems from www.poemsandreflections.com
Click to set custom HTML
Website Copyright ã 2010-2014 Poems And Reflections LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Every donation is sincerely appreciated.