Poems and Reflections about Living and History
A 4th of July Patriotic Poem
Celebrate the 4th of July
As fireworks fill the starry sky
Watch in awe, their beauty to behold
But don’t forget to remember…
Remember battles won that have preserved us here
Remember the struggles, the lives lost, the tears
Remember that freedom is never free
And how many still sacrifice protecting you and me
Soak in the sun, or sit in the shade
Admire th’bright colors of the floats on parade
Listen to the sounds of the marching bands
And then, please pause to remember…
Remember the courage of those brave souls
Who suffered so peacefully, who were so bold
To remind us that every soul God has made free
That we are all equal – possessing dignity
Gather with your neighbors, your friends, and family
Feast on the bounties from the land and the sea
Let laughter and conversation, like music, fill the air
And smile as you remember the brave ones who’ve dared…
Those who’ve dared, the American Dream to live
Who’ve worked hard obtaining th’chances this land can give
Those who’ve understood that freedom and self-determination
Would fulfill their dreams and build this great nation
Celebrate the 4th in your own special way
Enjoy the pride and happiness felt on this day
Share in the blessings of our Land of the Free
And always remember…
It’s now up to you and me!
Freedom is fragile…a privilege…a trust
A gift we can bequeath to those who’ll follow us
But it will only be preserved if we are wise enough
To protect it, to embrace it, and most of all...
Patriotic Poem Copyright 2015 Poems And Reflections, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Life Poems, Quotes, Sayings and Design Templates Usage
Terms and Conditions
1. A poem, quote, decorative saying or scrapbook design layout may be used for personal use only.
2. A poem, quote, reflection, or saying can be copied, printed and/or shared with a small group of family or friends (such as for a family gathering). However, a poem, quote, decorative saying or scrapbook design layout may not be used for any business, charitable, income-producing or lead producing activities without the express, written permission of the copyright holder(s).
3. Every time a poem, quote, reflection, or saying is fully or partially used, the copyright information must also be clearly labeled and included with the poem, quote, saying or design concept/layout that is being utilized. The name of each copyright holder will be clearly stated on each page of this website included with each poem, quote, reflection or saying.
4. Full or partial utilization of any poem, quote, reflection or saying on this Life and History Poems website indicates that you have read and agree to abide by the Poems, Quotes, Reflections, and Sayings Templates Usage Terms and Conditions listed here.
6. If you have any questions or requests regarding the Poems, Quotes, Sayings and Design Templates Usage Terms and Conditions, please email: email@example.com